Favorite Gowns of the Golden Globes

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the Golden Globes when it came to the gowns of the ladies present - seems like everyone wanted to go with quirky instead of pretty.  My top choices are what I love - beautiful, glamorous gowns that if I were asked to attend the awards, I would be excited to wear personally.  I prefer classic and whimsical styles, and I love sparkle and shine.  So, here are my few favorites from the Awards:

My top pick is a Jenny Packham, which is not surprising as I usually love her elaborate style and beautiful detailing.  Combined with those emerald and diamond pieces, this is exactly what I want to see on the red carpet.   I was surprised that Helen Mirren was the lady who stood out as the best dressed, though!  If only we could all be so lucky to age as gracefully and beautifully.
I admit, I love Kate Beckinsale in pretty much anything, but I really do love the glamour of this Zuhair Murad gown - it's a stunner.  And while I usually hate strapless gowns, this is exactly, perfectly, how one should be worn and the proper ratio of "assets" needed to fit into a strapless properly.
Cate Blanchett looks amazing in this lace confection by Armani Prive.  I don't know how well it would work on someone else, but she takes it over the top.
Naomi Watts in this shimmery gold Tom Ford gown was a big hit for me, especially with the necklace.  Very simple but very Hollywood.
Jessica Chastain really had an amazing ensemble on, the details on the dress by Givenchy are beautiful, her hair is perfect, and the ropes of diamonds around her neck really secure it as one of my favorites of the evening.
Sarah Paulson in this delicate and beautiful Marchesa gown was another surprise, but she looks absolutely perfect here.  This is glamorous.
One very delightful surprise was this southern belle, dance hall number worn by Joanna Newsom, who is a musician.  I have to admit, I want to wear this gown, I would absolutely wear this gown, even though at first it seems ridiculous.  There are some pictures of her with the sunset streaming over her and the gown and it just looks absolutely amazing, love it.
Angela Basset was another stunner in this black Ines di Santo with its plunging neckline and sparkling stripes, which fit her amazing body perfectly.
Uma Thurman in Versace is another nice combination, the dress feels like a throwback to me a bit, but Uma is like a Grecian goddess and I think does manage to pull it all together.
I love the Lanvin gown that Emma Roberts was wearing, though I don't really love that she's the one wearing it.  The turquoise earrings certainly make it more youthful, but I really want to see this with some stunning rubies or diamonds, on someone older.

I was on the fence about this Balenciaga gown - I like the color and the jewel details - until I realized Kerry Washington is wearing it as a maternity style.  Over a baby bump?  I love it, it's angelic and chic.
Another one I was debating was Laura Dern's Roberto Cavalli, but she just looks like a total knock-out in this gown and it has to be included.  Then I saw the close-up and it's all sparkles and shimmer, completely beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts