Today's Wallpaper - Nutcracker Ballet

One of my favorite treats of the season is to see the Nutcracker Ballet, it is so beautiful and reminds me of being a little girl.  Of course, I have spoiled myself because I will not go and sit anywhere except the very front of the Orchestra now, after many years of trial and error this is simply the way to see the dancers, the costumes, and the magic in its best glory.  Unfortunately, I am the only one I know who will happily pay for the best seats (it's my birthday present to myself, usually!), or even has any remote interest in seeing it, so I always have to treat whatever companion I coerce - which becomes doubly expensive.  So, this year again I am being good and not indulging myself and instead spending the money on presents, and of course giving everyone the relief of not having to go with me.  Still, I miss it!

So today I changed my background from happy little polar bears to this beautiful scene taken at the Royal Opera House, the Nutcracker by the Royal Ballet.  And thanks to Spotify I can listen to several different versions of Tchaikovsy's entire score.  Now I'll go dream about next year, sitting in a gorgeous new dress in the very front row! 


Comments

Popular Posts