Walk to the Old Covered Bridge

 It was a nice, brisk morning when my sister brought her roommate on a visit to our hometown.  We had some time to kill downtown, so we decided to take a walk and show off one of our few landmarks - the Old Covered Bridge. 
It is actually a new covered bridge - it was just completed a year or two ago.  It's unstained and unpainted and in my opinion is not nearly as nice looking or charming as the older one they replaced, but it certainly gets more publicity from the town now.  Not to mention they had to close a convenient back road near my house for years to put it up. It's a cute little excursion though, there are footbridges on either side where you can look over the river, and even a tiny 'park' they created on the bank beside it.
My sister and her roommate, in front of our town's pride and joy.  Yes, that is a giant coffee mug which she took uncovered in my car. 

Comments

Popular Posts